The Ivy Girl Academy 2012 Presents...
DIRECTOR ROAD TRIP!!
Krista, Jacque, Myself... And the Amazing Jessie!
Four of the BEAUTIFUL Directors.
Okay, so this post will be kind of sporadic as I am trying to update the last year in 2 hours. For those of you who don't know what The Ivy Girl Academy is.. let me fill you in!
The Ivy Girl Academy is a confidence and leadership training for young women ages 12-18. We go over the 12 levels of ladyhood which include:
1. Confidence
2. Leadership
3. The Art of Gratitude
4. Self Defense
5. Dining and Social Etiquette
6. Service
7.Health
8. Motherhood
9. Personal Power
10. Positive Mental Atmosphere
11. Grooming
12. Goal Setting
This is an all day event where the girls not only hear amazing personal stories, but get involved in all day fun. They have a four course meal while learning the values of dining and social etiquette, learn self defense, have their hair and make-up done while getting a mini photo shoot. The girls have an amazing time and learn so much while they are here. I'm honored to be a part of the Board of Directors and to be able to be the Guest speaker on personal power for the workshops. They are normally held in the Fall of each year. To check out more, visit out website at www.Ivygirlacademy.com
Being at these events is so much fun, but so inspiring for myself as well. It's amazing to watch girls come in who don't want to be there and leave with a completely different attitude. Oh, and how can I forget!? We also give away a $20,000 scholarship to one lucky girl, EVERY WORKSHOP!
I have been sharing my story on and off with the Ivy girl academy since I began with it back in October 2010. But September of 2012 was my moment! We have gone from 15-20 girls a workshop to 70-100+
And I was able to share it in front of 120+ people! It was one of the biggest empowering moments of my life. I'm so grateful for the opportunity not only to share my story and help empower these girls, but for myself as well. It was a confidence builder in so many ways, but actually believing I have a story to share that can help others.. words cannot describe. I can't wait till we take this to the national level. Keep an eye out for workshops coming this year in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Now for pictures..
Stay Tuned for more to come Fall 2013!








No comments:
Post a Comment