I love the holiday season, I really do! But I am SO glad they are over. Around November, life just gets a little TOO crazy for me, especially being so new in sobriety. But I made it through and it was one of the best holiday seasons I've had in years! It's amazing what being sober can do!
I had the privilege of talking to one of my dear friends today, the amazing Jessie Funk. I love this woman to death! She is the perfect example to me, of someone who owns their life and their voice! Who has confidence and loves to help others and make a difference. She is SO compassionate and someone I look up to and aspire to be like someday. I am so grateful to have this woman in my life. It amazes me the people God puts into my life, and always at the time I need them most.
Last year I had the privilege of working with Jessie at her workshops, "The Ivy Girl Academy." It's an amazing program for girls ages 8-18 on building your confidence. In January, I was able to speak to a group of girls on personal power and share my store with them! What an amazing opportunity! I don't know if those girls got more out of it, or if I did, but it was by far one of the most amazing experiences that I will treasure forever.
I know I was born to help others! It's something that comes natural to me, and something I love to do. I truly believe and know in my heart, that because of the trials I have experienced in my life, I will be able to help so many others who struggle. I will be able to reach them on a level that others who have not been through the same experiences can not. And not in a prideful way. There have been so many blessings that have come to me through these painful experiences. And i would not go back and change a single thing.
With it being a new year, I feel like it's a brand new start. Although every day can be a new start, heck every minute could be, if we choose to do so. But there's just something about the new year, especially this year that stands out to me. I have made so many changes and grown so much in these last 6 months, i can't even begin to imagine what's to come!....
Well let me give you some clues...
The power of music..my music..
The power of speaking..and sharing my story..
The power of CONFIDENCE, and following your dreams
And the WILLINGNESS to be OPEN and FREE!
Well I don't know if you have figured it out or not.. but here it is..
I'm finally living one of my dreams and taking the two songs I wrote this year, to the recording studio! I am SO ecstatic, words can NOT describe!! I've always wanted to write music and share it with others, and it's finally happening! Come mid January/February, my next blog will be about this amazing experience! :)
I'm also in the process of finishing my rough draft of my speech outline, my story I will share with others. I am also going to continue working with Jessie, and i never know what blessings will come from that, as I have already received SO many!
I am looking forward to all the amazing opportunities coming my way this new year. This feeling of being completely alive is something like I've never experienced before! Feeling every emotion, being present for family functions and just living in recovery.. what a gift! I'm so grateful for all these experiences and the happiness I have brought myself. Keep following and walk with me through these amazing experiences to come! I hope you all had an amazing holiday season with your loved ones.
All my love-
Ashleigh <3




No comments:
Post a Comment